Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My top 5 red lipsticks

My top 5 reds

 


In my last post, I reviewed one of my absolute favorite red lip colors of all time. I used to be pretty timid about wearing such an intimidating color, until I just decided to use one of my back to MAC lipsticks and got Russian Red. The rest was history after that purchase and I now gravitate to every shade of red possible!

1. Russian Red by MAC is my first and favorite red lipstick. It is the perfect color for those like myself that need a more blue based color due to fair skin. The formula is amazing and it lasts all day. Also love it in the gloss form!

2. Kat Von D Adora lipstick and lipstain are equally gorgeous if you like a red with a little metallic sheen. It is literally the perfect holiday red and works well on all skin tones.

3. Tarte Lipsurgence natural lip tint in Swank is a mix between a stain, gloss, and lipbalm. It has a minty fragrance and is extremely moisturizing. This color was part of a holiday set last year, but I love the whole lipsurgence line and Tarte provides a great range of colors. Tarte just released a new holiday set and the colors (especially enchanted and exposed) are amazing and are a great price!

4. Sephora ultra vinyl lip pencil in Fancy Red is another great metallic red. It seems Sephora is currently sold out of these pencils, but I am hoping they do not discontinue them because they are reasonable and great quality.

5. Nars Velvet Matte Lip pencil in Cruella is the perfect true red and does apply matte. It is, however, easy and smooth to apply. I love pencil formulas as long as they are not drying and this does not disappoint. It is long lasting and well worth the cost.

If you find a great formula and long lasting color, red lipstick is not as difficult to wear as many believe. It is a little more high maintenance than your everyday nude, but it really adds some drama and color to an outfit.

Please share your favorite reds or formulas too so I can add to my list :)
-Lauren R.


2 comments:

  1. Ysl rouge pur couture lipstain. I die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying to try Ysl glosses and lipstick. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete